Where I've Been Wednesdays

Let me tell you about my new favorite city. NEW ORLEANS, LOUISIANA. I've always known that I would love New Orleans. I had my mind made up before I even packed my bags that I would love it there. I'd heard nothing but good things - friendly people, good food, live music, and lots of booze - all in the dirty south. When the Saints won the Super Bowl in 2009 I felt so happy for the people of this awesome city even though I'd never been there and don't really care all that much about football. Then I became hooked on HBO's Treme (if you're not watching it, start). My step dad is a frequent visitor of NOLA and has been telling me how much I'd like it there for years.

So when my girlfriends told me that they were going to Nawlins for our friend Britni's bachelorette party there was no way I was missing out. A weekend of drinking with my best friends in my soon-to-be favorite city in America? Sign me up!

I was not disappointed. A town where you can walk around with a drink in hand, where the bars stay open all night, and are mostly hole in the wall bars where jeans and tee shirts are the dress code, is my idea of a good time. Plus a couple places thrown in where us girls could shake our asses (they even played Britney) - what more could you ask for?

But it wasn't just the drunken antics that made me fall in love with New Orleans. There was so much to see and do. So much so that my only complaint was not having enough time there. 3 nights was enough time to sample a bit of the amazing food, a lot of the night life of Bourbon Street, beignets from Cafe Du Monde, a little live music on Frenchman Street, and to walk around the touristy parts of the city. 3 nights there was enough to make me know that I need to go back.











2 comments:

  1. Great pics Kait - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously. Did you take all those pics? They are fantastic! Good blog. And now I am a fan of NOLA too!

    ReplyDelete