crazy concert week

Things have been ca-ray-zee around here lately. Ash and I had the amazing idea of going to 3 concerts in a row the other week. During the week. I'm still recovering. I don't know when it happened but I can not party like I used to. I think 25+ is when day-drinking and being hungover at work the next day become really difficult. But lemme tell you it was well worth it. We had the best time!

Night numbero uno. Wednesday. Met Ash after work and told him about passing my exam! Had an amazing dinner and celebratory drinks and shots (patron espresso tequila!). Saw the Avett Brothers at o2 Shepherd's Bush. Pretty much the best venue ever. This is where me and Al saw Taylor Swift a few years ago. It's like an old timey theatre and you can get so close to the stage. Avetts were amazing. Who knew that the banjo could rock out so hard?!

in party mode

clear eyes full hearts can't lose! this little old English man loved Friday Night Lights, therefore I loved him and told him how cool he was about 100 times. 

hey Avetts! 

The next morning I was pretty hungover but had to go into work for a few hours. I was there physically but I was struggling mentally through the morning. I snapped out of it by lunch time and left work early to meet up with Ash, his brother Aaron, and our friends Billy and Michelle. We hit up a pub for lunch and then headed to Hyde Park with 60,000 other people to see Kings of Leon! We brought a water bottle of blueberry vodka and one of crystal light, old school style. The results were sloppy as to be expected.

boozin in the grass in my cowboy boots, in my element as Dad would say. 

the stage

it rained for about 15 minutes all day but Ash was in love with his poncho and insisted on wearing it the rest of the night


hot messes, poncho love


And then it was Friday. Zac Brown Band opened for KOL the night before but being the huge Zac fans that we are, once in a week wasn't enough for us. They only played a few songs at the Kings show because there were about 5 other opening bands. Friday night they were playing at the same place that we saw Avetts so we just had to be there. Exhausted as we were we had to do it. I needed to hear Chicken Fried live in London. Best decision ever because it was one of the best shows I've ever seen. They played all the good songs and we were right up front. I was seriously blown away by how talented Zac is. I mean I knew he was good but seeing him live, he's realllly good. There were people from all over. Tons of Americans, people waving a Swiss flag, a Scottish couple next to us that came all the way to London just for the show and knew every single word. Such a great experience. 

cowboy hats and everything! country concert in London!

Zac in the face!

And then there was Shorty. My stepdad is into New Orleans music big time. He suggested back in February that we go see Trombone Shorty when the London Blues Fest came to town in July. So after our week of partying we got a little rest and then were back at it. Neither I nor Ash really knew what to expect. We'd seen Trombone Shorty on the TV show Treme, read a few articles about him, and downloaded a few of his songs. But I'd never been to a concert like this where it's mostly music, not a ton of lyrics and in a little jazzy club. In summary we had the most fun time ever. Trombone Shorty and his band were sooo amazing. Their music just makes you wanna shake yo ass, and I did all night long. We got there early ... we were sitting at the bar when Ash spotted Shorty walk into the club and head backstage. By the time they came out we were posted up leaning against the stage right under his microphone. At one point I felt like I was going to get hit in the face with the trombone! These guys seriously rocked hard and were the most talented group of musicians ever. At one point Shorty got on the drums, the guitar players got on the horns and the horns players got on the guitars. People who can play instruments like that are just so impressive. The whole show was so entertaining. We got high 5s during the performance and then stuck around to meet Shorty and some of the band afterwards. I'm officially a fan now, if you ever get the chance to see them, check them out, you will not be disappointed.

hello front row




love him!
our new friend



just sittin on the stage 

So yea. That's what I've been up to lately. Nothin like some live music during the summer no matter where I live :) 




3 comments:

  1. Wow! I am exhausted reading this! But I have to say that as much as I always really enjoy your blog and pics, these pics of Shorty are super-fantastic! I love them! So tell me the truth, does everybody you know want to be you??!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's my girl! I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most fun week EVER! Who we seein next? x

    ReplyDelete